If you are a fan of fantasy, science fiction, or horror, chances are you have heard of George R.R. Martin, the author of the bestselling A Song of Ice and Fire series, which inspired the hit TV show Game of Thrones. But did you know that Martin also has a personal blog where he shares his thoughts on various topics, from books and movies to politics and sports?
It’s called GRRM Not a Blog, and it’s a treasure trove of insights, opinions, and anecdotes from one of the most influential writers of our time.
What is GRRM Not a Blog?
GRRM Not a Blog is the personal blog of George R.R. Martin. He started it in 2005 on LiveJournal, a popular blogging platform at the time. He used it as a way to communicate with his fans, update them on his projects, and express his views on various subjects.
He also occasionally posted excerpts from his works in progress, such as The Winds of Winter, the long-awaited sixth book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series.
In April 2018, Martin moved his blog to his own website, where he continues to post regularly. He also maintains an archive of his old LiveJournal entries, which date back to 2005. The name GRRM Not a Blog is a reference to the fact that Martin does not consider his blog to be a traditional blog, but rather a “random jumble of whatever thoughts strike [him] as interesting”.
Why Should You Read GRRM Not a Blog?
If you are a fan of Martin’s books or any of the TV shows or movies based on them, you will find GRRM Not a Blog to be a valuable source of information and entertainment. Here are some of the reasons why you should read it:
- You will get updates on Martin’s current and upcoming projects, such as The Winds of Winter, A Dream of Spring, Fire and Blood, Wild Cards, Nightflyers, Dark Winds, House of the Dragon, and more.
- You will get to know Martin’s personal tastes and preferences in literature, cinema, television, music, art, and more. You will discover his favorite books, authors, genres, films, directors, actors, shows, songs, bands, artists, and more.
- You will get to see Martin’s creative process and learn about his inspirations, influences, challenges, and achievements. You will also get glimpses of his unpublished or unfinished works, such as The Lost Lands, The Skin Trade, The Armageddon Rag, and more.
- You will get to witness Martin’s passion and enthusiasm for various causes and issues that he cares about, such as free speech, animal welfare, diversity, environmentalism, and more.
- You will get to interact with Martin and other fans in the comments section. You can ask questions, share opinions, give feedback, or just chat with one of the most popular and respected writers in the world.
Reading Suggestion : Blog Mickey: Your Ultimate Guide to All Things Disney
How to Read GRRM Not a Blog?
You can access GRRM Not a Blog by visiting Martin’s website and clicking on the “Not a Blog” tab. You can also subscribe to his blog via email or RSS feed. You can browse through his posts by date or by category. Some of the most common categories are:
- A Song of Ice and Fire
- Beastly Books
- Current Affairs
- Game of Thrones
- Life Within These Walls
- New Mexico
- Science Fiction
- Wild Cards
You can also use the search function to find posts related to specific topics or keywords. For example, if you want to read about Martin’s thoughts on Lord of the Rings, you can type “Lord of the Rings” in the search box and see all the posts that mention it.
GRRM Not a Blog is more than just a blog. It’s a window into the mind of a master storyteller who has shaped the landscape of modern fantasy and science fiction. It’s a place where you can learn from his wisdom, experience his humor, share his passion, and enjoy his stories. It’s a place where you can connect with him and other fans who love his work. It’s a place where you can have fun.
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and visit GRRM Not a Blog today. You won’t regret it.